Monday 1 August 2016

August 1st Reveal

My mom used to say "Time flies when you're having fun."  Boy was she right!  Summer is flying by.  I have really been enjoying the summer, how about you?  I know I am in the USA and our seasons may be different than they are in different parts of the world.  That is the wonderful part of our challenge blog.  We are all from different parts of this big wonderful world and have different languages and different personalities but music ties us all.  Music has a way of taking us into a happy place and makes us feel better.  No matter what part of the world we are in, we can all come together with a melody and make something pretty.  So lets make something pretty!
Here are the songs for August:

"POP"

"ROCK"

Now lets see what the first half of our design team has for your inspiration.



THE POP GIRLS

Marie Christine


I made an Art Journal page with the title about "Dancing".


Astrid


I found this photo which I took at the circus one time, thought it was some kind of dancing too.



I use this part on the song for inspiration "Show the world you've got that fire" and for my tittle. The song is fun and happy so it's was natural to use those happy flashy color. 


THE ROCK GIRLS

Giorgia


I used this part on the lyrics for inspiration: "Love is a ring". So I created a wedding card. 






I was inspired this month by the video. The Circus is  an adorable and awesome world. I wanted to be for my layout a circus atmosphere.
I have used a big photo, and I stuck with a mostly black & pink color scheme with some gold & orange added in.
I added some of those gorgeous gold glitter Thickers to complete my layout.






This month, I gathered my inspiration from the lyrics of this song. I wanted to create a dreamy layout about my son and his favorite stuffed animal that he goes absolutely everywhere with! Gold, black, and white were the perfect choices and my title was one of the lyrics from the song.



Let's talk about prizes:

  • If we have at least 7 entries you will be in the running to win our special prize:  a voucher of €7 kindly donated by our permanent sponsor: Avec les mains



  • One random winner will win this prize RAK kindly donated by our DT Member Elisabetta:

Sizzix die and embossing folder


  • The design team will pick their favorite project: the designer will be our guest on the blog in an upcoming month and will win this prize kindly donated by our DT Member Melody:
Prize package includes: pkg. of neon foam glitter shapes, 2 pc. metal sticky frames, 2 maggie holmes layered ribbon cut outs, ART 5 pc. metal sticky black birds, 5 sheets 8x10 scrapbook paper.


Link up your project(s) in the linky tool on top right of the blog to be in the running to win!

EnregistrerEnregistrerEnregistrerEnregistrer

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)